For many, the south of France becomes a site of passage each summer, featuring a fabulous landscape, several motley cities, and a history rich in sojourning personalities– Man Ray, Diaghilev, de Chirico and Moholy-Nagy– all of which were once so many contexts for artistic creation. Today, the south is often considered with a nostalgia which is tinctured by its flamboyant past. Hyères, Nice, Saint-Paul de Vence, Arles. Marseille and Monaco. Urban poetry and chaos vs. upper class ghetto.
- THE ONLINE SUPPLEMENT TO KALEIDOSCOPE MAGAZINE, THIS BLOG OFFERS REGULAR UPDATES ON CONTEMPORARY ART AND CULTURE.
- CODEX at LiveInYourHead, Geneva ( 07.10-28.10.11) by Estelle Nabeyrat
- Simon Starling The Inaccessible Poem, Fondazione Merz, Torino, by Martha Kirszenbaum
- IVO by Melissa Marotto
- MEDITAÇÃO, TRANSE at Galeria Mendes Wood, São Paulo (27.08-24.09.2011) by Marta Mestre
- IT’S KINDA MAGIC – Hextacy, with Anna Særnblom and Charlie Roberts (28.10 – 6.11 2011) by Geir Haraldseth